Friday, November 12, 2010

Cold Day

Today was a rather chilly today.  So, instead of pushing my children out the door in the afternoons like I usually like to so they can expel all that energy they like to store up we had to come up with other ways to occupy the afternoon:
They pretended my bed along with pillows and boards from West's night stand were a computer.  Ruby is behind the pillow as it is a talking computer and so she was the voice.
They pretended to be lots of different animals among them were a horse, a bird, a gorilla and my favorite a cat, as this meant he got to impersonate my favorite activity of this animal - lying on the back of the couch looking out the window.
They built lots of things with blocks - this was the last one standing as the best part of building with blocks is the knocking over at the end of it all!
Then there was lots of spinning in the bilibo
and lots of dancing when it wasn't their turn to spin!

All-in-all I think it was a most energy burning day on their part. 
Here's to hoping tomorrow they will go outside!

1 comment: