Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Birds

I was standing at my kitchen window the other day and heard a bird talking in my tree.  I looked out and spotted this little spot of very bright yellow.  A few months ago I picked up a bird book for this area to see if I could recognize any of the birds that come to my feeder.  I haven't had much luck but am hoping it gets easier once I get used to how the book works and what to look for and such.  Anyway, I saw this really bright spot of yellow and thought it was very pretty and I had never seen one like this in my yard before so thought I would take a few pictures and see if I could figure it out.  By the time I got my camera it was already on the ground so I hope you can see it in the pictures.  You should be able to click on the picture to open it in a new screen so maybe that will get it big enough.


Yellow-Rumped Warbler would be my best guess as to what it might be.  What do you all think?

1 comment:

  1. Interesting! I don't think I've ever seen one with a yellow spot on its head before.

    ReplyDelete